11.02.2011

What have you been up to?

Being on Maternity leave, I get a lot of "So what have you been up to?  Napping?"  Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not much of a napper - my mind starts going over all the things I should be doing and doesn't let me sleep.  That's pretty much the case with this leave as well.  Lucky for me Sam only wakes up once or twice a night and I don't need too many of those afternoon naps myself.

I sit here thinking about the few very short weeks I have left and have lots of mixed emotions:


Contentment - This is the family I was meant to have.  It feels so right!  Yes, we're still getting adjusted to our new foursome but it couldn't be more wonderful.

Pride - I'm so proud of how well Juju has taken on her new role as big sister.  Sure, she may be indifferent a good portion of the time, but when Sam is crying she's the first one to offer him a pacifier or a suggestion on how to make him stop (and she's usually right!)




Accomplishment - This lady has not just been sitting on her hiney eating bon-bons.  Oh no.  I've been a busy one!  I painted the guest room and built a new headboard - all on my own (guess who has been watching a bit too much HGTV...).  Really, you should come visit and check it out! 

I've also been baking up a storm (Sam's arrival ushered in a new sweet tooth for me). 

As if that weren't enough I decided to try my hand at making the kids' costumes this Halloween.  It was a battle between the princess dress pattern and myself, but I'm proud to say that I won out :)



 Nostalgic - Even though this new phase in life is shaping up to be quite great, I can't help but long for some of those "good old days".  You know, the days when Paul and I could eat dinner, uninterrupted and actually savoring our food.  Or maybe when we could both make it through a movie together (not even in the theater!) without kids needing us or one of us falling asleep.  I promise honey, it will get back to "normal" soon enough.  Thanks for being such a great dad and such a wonderful help to me.  I couldn't do it without you!

Well, that great napper I was telling you about is starting to stir so I'd better sign off.  Until next time!

1 comment:

CougarKugler said...

Im so happy you're happy. :) It makes me happy! You're a wonderful mother tish and you deserve all of it.