6.16.2010

Berry Fun Times

Its strawberry picking season! Yet another great activity with Juju during my "lunch" break from work. I say "lunch" because I don't ever actually get around to eating during this break, instead I try to cram as much fun with Julia into the time. Good thing I graze the rest of the day!

Today we headed to Basse's with the MOMs club to pick our own strawberries. We had quite a bit of rain yesterday, so Julia and I suited up in our rubber boots.

We rode on a flat-bed trailer pulled by a tractor to our picking spot. Holy berries! They were everywhere and bright red and you could just SMELL the delicousness in the air. Julia and I went to work harvesting our row of plants, and she was an excellent Director of Quality Control. For every 3 berries I picked an put into our basket, she took one out and gobbled it up! I couldn't resist and might have sampled a few myself. Shhh, don't tell.
Voila! The fruits of our labor. Are you drooling yet?

Oh, and also, the adorable aftermath of Julia + Nutella + Strawberries.

Yep, life is pretty sweet :)

1 comment:

Jillian said...

i like the blogs new look & your berry cute daughter :)