1.24.2010

Weekend Update

Sorry, no creativity in the title today. I blame it on wine and 40s. Really, we played 4o hockey this weekend guys! No, not by ourselves. We brought the Walsh's down with us!

Friday marked the kickoff of our new Monthly Joseph/Walsh Eat, Drink, Dream Extravaganza. What is this, you might ask? Once a month we take turns making dinner together at one of our homes and enjoy some drinks while our kids are all off in dreamland. Well, that's the plan anyway. The dreamland part had a rocky start this time (a duet of crying babies and a 3-yr old telling us that the babies are crying). That aside, it was a great success and something we're looking forward to doing together every month.

The theme: Soul Food (our homage to MLK Day)
The menu: Mac & Cheese a la Claire, Terry's famous BBQ ribs, collard greens, black eyed peas, cornbread and pecan pie

Having never made or even eaten collard greens or black eyed peas myself, I was skeptical as to whether or not my attempts at our sides would work out or not. Success! Spicy (VERY spicy) collard greens that were stewed with the smokiest of ham shanks and tender, oniony peas. Yum. Claire's mac & cheese had a delicious crunchy bread crumb layer on top that I could not resist. Terry's Ribs? Don't even get me started. I want more this very minute!!Up next: An entire menu including chocolate for Valentine's Day weekend. Stay tuned!

Also this weekend I did my first maternity photo shoot! Settle down, settle down. Not MY maternity photos, sheesh. I took photos of our good friends Anne and Peter who are expecting their first little dude to arrive in the next few weeks. She is just the cutest little pregnant thing and I'm so happy I could share in their excitement. This is one of my favorites:Of course I wouldn't leave you hanging without any new Julia pictures! Here are two of her on Friday rocking some fun pigtails :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pigtails - just adorable. The food looked so good. Looks like your first theme dinner was a great success.