We've made it to week 15! Our next appointment is later this week, but here's an update on the current development of 'lil Exploseph:
By the end of this week our baby will be about the size of a grapefruit—but SO much sweeter!They're busy moving amniotic fluid through their nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Their legs are growing longer than their arms now, and they can move all of her joints and limbs. Although the eyelids are still fused shut, they can sense light. If we shine a flashlight at my tummy, for instance, they're likely to move away from the beam.
In other news, Jonathan started his job in the city today! We had a chance to walk to our morning train together today, and even caught a picture of Jon on the train. Awww, just like the first day of school. I'll try to post the picture on here later today.
Otherwise, all is well on this end. I started my new role at work last Monday with a trip to Boston, and so far I think I'm really going to enjoy it. On the home front, Paul is doing well (finally got that elliptical up and running!!) and reading up about what we need to prepare for the baby's arrival. He seems to think this includes a St. Bernard to carry the baby around, but I think we'll need to discuss that one a little further...
No comments:
Post a Comment