8.13.2007

Here, there & everywhere...

Boy, have we been busy lately! Last weekend we headed down to LA for the first time & visited some friends. What a great time!First we celebrated my birthday and Steve's birthday with dinner at Social Hollywood. It was really good, but also really overpriced. Oh well! It was a birthday dinner and we all know I'm worth it.After dinner we headed to The Dresden. For those of you who are fans of the movie Swingers, you'll recognize this as the bar they go to. First person we saw when we walked in was Mandy Moore. She seemed really normal and pleasant, the kind of girl I'd want to be friends with. We also got to meet Vince Vaughn. Funny story - Carlee & I wanted a picture taken of the two of us, and he was right there so we asked him to take it. He flipped out! "No cameras! No cameras!". We didn't even want him in the picture, just one of the two of us! Ha! What a moron.

The rest of the weekend we enjoyed the beach and California weather I only wish we had up in SF. There was even a volleyball tournament going on so we walked over to check it out.
This weekend we were back in good 'ol Wisco for Chrissy's wedding. She was such a stunning bride! Seeing all the old cheerleading girls was like a huge reunion and it was great. Now I don't feel the need to go back for my reunion this fall.

Even with all the wedding hubub, hubby and I managed to get some nice relaxing time on the boat with the fam. Our cutie-patutie nephew also came along for his first boat ride! What a great way to end the weekend.

Now we're back and have a busy week ahead. Tomorrow is our second softball game. Yes, you read that correctly. I AM playing softball. Scary, eh? We won our first game last week (the other team was a forfeit, but thats just a minor detail). We had a scrimmage game anyway and Paul had some great hits! I even managed to hit the ball twice so take that people who thought it wasn't possible!

I'm headed to the airport again Sunday for the next destination so I'm sure I'll have more to post later. Ciao!

No comments: