6.04.2007

FORE!



What a difference a week makes! Last weekend we were out in a tent with flying roaches and didn't shower. This weekend we were in a classy resort being wined and dined. I think I could get used to living like we did this weekend!

We stayed at the Inn at Spanish Bay, right at Pebble Beach, and let me tell you - it was better than any Ritz-Carlton I've ever experienced. The service was fantastic, the property immaculate, and the room was huge. Here are some pictures of our room:




Friday night we went to a cocktail reception and dinner thrown by the SFSTA (San Francisco Securites Traders Assoc.) and it was like going to a wedding! The venue was beautiful - the Beach Club at Pebble Beach - chocolate brown linnens accented by white orchids and cala lillies and tons of candles. It was so pretty. And the food? I can't say I've ever been to a buffet where I liked every single option. For the first time I didn't mind if my foods touched! Yes, it was that good.

Saturday we headed over to the Montery Bay Aquarium, which was really neat. My favorite part was the Jellyfish exhibit. Paul really liked the huge tanks with sharks and other big fish. They even had a ginormous sunfish, which I had never heard of before. Certainly a sight to be seen.







Sunday was the day we had both been waiting for...Paul finally had a chance to golf on the course at Pebble Beach (and not the video game version), and I spent a heavenly day at the spa. Spoiled? Who are you calling spoiled? Certainly not us. Oh, you are? Well, maybe we are a little spoiled...

Paul went into his golf game hoping to score at least one bogey, and ended up doing much better than anticipated. Paul had not one, but FIVE bogeys and one par. Way to go Paul!





While Paul golfed, I luxuriated at the Spa at Pebble Beach. This wasn't just a spa, it was a whole compound! After my fireside massage, I relaxed in the whirlpool, in the eucalyptus-infused steam room, and finally in the "breathing lounge"(which is just a fancy name for a room with lots of air purifiers in it). I finshed the experience with the most amazing shower ever. Really, I want these shower heads (yes, there were 3 of them) in my house. A fantastic day to end a fantastic weekend.


Until our next adventure...

No comments: